Thursday, June 30, 2016

Hanging Wooden Towel Holder

Living in an apartment can be tricky, especially when there are more than two in the apartment. I'm always looking for ways to make the most out of what little space we have, while still making it look attractive, clean, and organized. One thing that drives me nuts is having to find space for your towel in your bedroom, because there is not enough space in the bathroom, where it should be! So I came up with a way to hang our towels in the bathroom for under $5.00, and without having to drill huge holes in the wall.


I used some wood I already had, purchased some knobs from Walmart, and used a little left over oil paint that I had to "stain" the wood the color I wanted. After the paint dried, I sealed it with a matt clear finish to keep the wood from being damaged from any moisture from the bathroom. Then I drilled the holes, screwed the knobs in, put 2 sawtooth picture frame hangers on the back, and hammered 2 small nails in the wall. All said and done, I had my towels hanging in the bathroom within a day! Problem solved.




I even had some help from my son. He wanted to paint too, so he used a pen to "paint" on the back. :)




Anyway, if you're trying to find a quick, cheep, easy way to keep your towels off the floor, out of the bedrooms, and into the bathroom, give this a shot. If you do, I'd love to hear how your towel hangers turn out!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS